Jan 6, 2009

Outside of WoW

I was going to write a really in depth, long, post, (Probably the first installment of my RP story) but I really don't want to just copy a loadof writing out of a book right now. So I'm gonna keep it short and snappy.








So I'm still locked out of the internet, so I'm hardly on WoW, except for my friends RP project on Moongarde, but the point is, I have a lot of time to spend in RL. So in that time, I got thinking about what I really like to do, as hobbies. Other than WoW. When I start calling WoW my hooby, I will be in dire straits indeed.







Obviously I like to write, and reading kind of comes hand in hand with that, so I have been reading a fair few good books. ( I got this post idea off Honors Code by the way.)




The Inheritance Cycle
Christopher Paolini






Right, now I know the movie was very child friendly. And I know it was written by a 15yr old. And I know at first sight the book looks childish. But honestly, these books are probably the second best fantasy books I've ever read. Especially Brisingr, which I read over Christmas.( I'm a very fast reader) If you're a fantasy lover (like me) these are must reads.





















The Sharpe Series
Bernard Cornwell




Again, this is another very good series, very popular. It spans 21 books and an excellent T.V series. Bernard Cornwell is a very well respected historical fiction author, but I think the Sharpe series if by far his best. To cut a long story short, the Sharpe series follows Richard Sharpe, a British soldier in the 1800's. (Also, I just noticed the Sharpe series is on this exact font. Trust me to think of that)

















Magician
Raymond E. Feist
You know how I mentions the Inheritance cycle were the second best fantasy books I've ever read? Well this is the best. Hell, for me this is the best book ever written. If you're a fantasy lover and you haven't read this, shame on you. /spit. Go read it. Now. I'll wait.

Now that you feel properly ashamed for missing out on such and awe inspiring book, I'll continue. This book is so revelutionarily different, you'll shudder, wondering how the author could possibly be a normal human being. Its essentially 3 different stories wrapped into one. Any one of them could have made a good book, but he combined them to make the best literary masterpiece ever. Except for maybe the Bible.

So, all in all, what's you'r favourite book? It can be any book you want. Heck, it could be the WoW manual if you want.




2 comments:

  1. I heard that the new eragon was really good. I would read it if I had time. The last book I read was the catcher in the rye, because it was an english requirement, and I really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always been fond of the Tom Holt books. I love a bit of "ludicrous fiction", similar to Douglas Adams or Terry Pratchett.

    ReplyDelete