Mar 17, 2009

But I wanna ride the goat thing!

I hate you Blizzard! Every time I'm about to do something important, (i.e: ding lvl 58/68 and about to go try the expansion and start questing in Hellfire Penisula/Borean Tundra.) you do a maininence. And it's always on a week off or when I'm sick, so I'm not at work! Now I have to sit here, sniffling and drinking Buckleys untill 2:00PM, waiting for servers to get back online!

Well, I suppose it's not actually that bad. And this is a great time to put up a blog post. So never fear, this isn't going to become a useless rant. On the subject of the title; if you don't know what a 'goat thing' is, (Not many do.) well, it's a talbuk. Ever since I first saw them, I've wanted to have one of my very own. I mean, just like in real life, if you see someone riding a goat, you know they're cool.

So let's rewind, just to clarify all this. After I hit lvl 65, I went over to Nagrand. And like many people, I fell in love with it. It's awesome. I absolutly adore it. In fact, when I hit lvl 66, instead of running off to Blades Edge Mountains, I stayed there. Sadly, 4 bars from lvl 68, I ran out of quests, and I had to go to Shadowmoon Valley. And that sucks. Since once I start to quest in a zone, I start to slip into the flow of it, and now I've abruptly ripped myself away. I miss you SMV! You may not have been as pretty as Nagrand, you may be less cool than Hellfire Penisula, you may even have been worse in every possible way (lvling wise) than Borean Tundra, but you'll always have a place in my heart.

After I read Wulf's post on it, I tried out Questhelper. I used to think it made the game too easy, but I was wrong. I love it. I'm leveling like lightening.I lvled 65-68 in a week! W00T! So, now I'm in the last stretch until lvl 80, and I'm strting to think ahead a bit. Like, what kind of lvling do I want to do? The was I see it, there are 3 types in expansions:
1)Lvl solely in dungeons and barely do any quests. The upside to this is you're already pretty well geared when you hit lvl 80. Well, better than the average 'new' 80. The downside to this is, well, you're basically just PuGing instances for 10 looong lvls, and I don't belive that's how Blizzard wanted us to lvl.
2) Super fast, running thru zones, cheapo lvling. This way is basically as soon as is humanly possible, go into the next zone. Many people do this, and it means basically you'll hit 80 in Icecrown. The downside to this is you hardly get any cash from questing at lvl 80 out of it, since you've already finished big chunks of the quests you can do for cash. Probably best method for an alt who has a big awesome main to lend them cash.
3)The last method is the one I'll probably do. Doing every single quest in each zone, milking each area dry before moving on to the next. This method, I used to think was 'out there', and wierd. But now I see the wisdom in it. With this method, you'll probably ding 80 midway through Grizzly Hills. That gives you 4 1/2 whole zones purely for cash. That's pretty good in my books.

Another thing planned is when exactly I'm gonna get my goat thing. Im'm aiming for very, very soon after I ding 80. (I'm talking like within the 1st week.) To all the people who think I'm crazy for going out of my way to grind to exalted with a useless TBC faction instead of running instances and gearing up. (Other than getting an UBER GOAT THING!!!)
a) Out of all the TBC factions, (In my opinion) The Kurenai have the coolest tabard. I love it. It's cool.
b) Hey, it's another faction checked off towards my 25 factions achievement, so why not?
c) Out of the countless rep grinds in TBC, the Kurenai seems one of the easier ones. I'm not talking about grinding 24hr a day for a week people! I'm talking about 3hr of killing ogres. That's not that hard! It's basically 1 nights work. Compared to some grinds, like the Sha'Tari Skyguard, and Cenarion Expedition, that's ridiculous!

Well, that's all for now, I'm just going to sniffle and shuffle around my house until WoW pops back up. Maybe I could start my calligraphy again...

No comments:

Post a Comment